You might be aware that we spend more than ⅓ of our lives on mattresses and it is really important to keep them healthy and clean. At the same time, the mattress goes through so many things. You need to face this, accidents can happen anytime with a mattress.
Whether you had a scab, cut, period stains, or bloody nose, blood spills on the mattress and spoils its fabric and quality as well. We know that it is really important to check out for blood stain removal techniques and methods.
In the forthcoming paragraphs, we will share some tips and methods to help keep your mattress clean. The prevention tips help to avoid stubborn blood stains and accidents in the future.
Overview To Remove Blood Stains From Memory Foam Mattress
- Keep It Cool: You need to know that cold water is better to remove blood stains. However, hot water will set up the stain on the mattress.
- Dab The Blood Stains For Removal, Don’t Rub: If you will rub the stains, this is going to make the blood stain even worse. Therefore, you need to dab-dab on the blood stains for removal.
- Connect With Powerful Cleaner In Need: If baking soda and vinegar are not working for you, then you should use Ammonia and Enzymatic Cleaner are the best cleaners to remove blood stains off the mattress.
- Protect Against The Stains: You should use mattress protectors to protect you from future accidents on the mattress.
Prepare For The Removal Of Blood Stains
Before you will remove blood stains from the mattress, make sure to foremost gather some required supplies to do the task. You have to keep a few things in mind for the removal of stubborn blood stains.
Remember to use cold water for the removal process. Warm or hot water will even worsen the situation and maybe let the blood stain stay on the mattress forever. Whereas, you can use cold water to flush out the blood stain from the mattress.
Next, you need to dab-dab on the blood stain instead of rubbing it. Rubbing will not only spread the blood stains on the mattress but mess up the urine, sweat, and dirt stains also. When you are treating the blood stain on the mattress; at that moment pull out bedding and pillow covers from the mattress and wash them immediately. Once the bed sheets and pillow covers are clear, keep the mattress clean by removing blood stains.
Get Rid Of Fresh Blood Out Of A Mattress
If you get blood stains on the mattress, then here we have some great and healthy gentle approaches to get rid of those blood stains from the mattress. Blood dissolves in cold water, so use it instantly for blood stain removal. Dip the cloth in cold water and dab the wet cloth on blood stains for its total removal. One thing you need to keep in mind, do not to soak or oversaturate on the mattress while you perform the task.
If the blood stain is stubborn and that’s not removing; then here you could use baking soda for help. It’s a perfect cleaning solution for stain removal from mattress:
- Foremost, dab the cloth in cold water. The objective to do this is to absorb the moisture from the blood stain that just happened with your mattress.
- In another step, you need to spread baking soda over the stain and leave it for 15 minutes on the mattress. Baking soda is the best chemical to remove moist blood stains from the mattress naturally.
- Lastly, clean off the spread of the baking soda by dabbing it over with a wet cloth (dipped in cold water).
- Repeat the steps frequently and the fresh blood stain will be removed effectively.
How To Get Dried Blood Stain Removal From Mattress?
Removing dried blood stains is a bit more challenging, but still, the removal of blood stains is possible. If the blood stain is stubborn enough, then use table salt and hydrogen peroxide for its removal.
Hydrogen Peroxide is a very powerful cleaner, which might soak the layers of memory foam mattresses and take forever to dry also. Here you can use a mixture of stain-removing paste for the blood stain removal:
- You need to make a paste; which is made with ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide, ½ cup of cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon of salt. You need to keep the paste in toothpaste kinda consistent.
- Before you apply this mixture over the blood stain, ensure to dampen the stain with a wet cloth.
- Use a spoon or a used toothbrush to apply the toothpaste thick cleaning solutions mixture on the stained area.
- Let the mixture of cleaning solution for at least 30 minutes. Let the paste dry on the mattress for some time and hydrogen peroxide will start bubbling in time.
- When the hydrogen peroxide solution will stop creating bubbles, at the moment use a cold wet cloth and dab it over the stained area to remove the stain and clean the solution both.
- Wait till the mattress gets completely dry before you put the bedding on.
Protecting your mattress from blood stains and other kinda stubborn stains is very important; otherwise, this is going to ruin your mattress fabric and life. Using the above-demonstrated tips helps to do blood stain removal efficiently. Or you can simply approach a mattress blood stain removal company.